Wednesday 13 April 2016

Swimming sports

Swimming sports was yesterday it was so exciting going and racing other kids from my school at swimming. I get into the water and my feet tremble with nerves i think to myself just be positive. On you,re marks get set Go. I am doing ok we have done about half of the 25 metres and it is pretty even except cole. Its finished i came 5th so not last for my first try swimming 25 metres.

I have been waiting for a tiny bit and now i am about to line up for my 25 metre backstroke. I am in the water and getting ready to start Go we have started i am coming third now 4th the race has finished i have come 4th for my first time i am, pretty impressed and ready.

All the other races have been except the surfboard and ring relays. I hop next the the start. The board has been twisted round for me to go and i splash right in the centre of the board kicking my legs and digging my arms into the water and going as fast as i can. I spin the board and give my team a boost. We have won. Takahe won the ring and board race against Weka kea and Tui we have finished. We hop out and find out overall Takahe came 2nd overall with weka winning in 1st then 3rd was Kea then Tui.

This experience was the best time ever for me with swimming. Next year i am gonna push myself to get into the top three for all my swims

No comments:

Post a Comment